Sunday, June 5, 2011

Quilt for Lindsay

Preston and Lindsay have been the absolute best friends the last few years!
Well, Ben and Jake as well but they are our single friends so it's a little different-
The Johnsons define what best friends should be. 
They are two of the nicest, funniest, and most caring people I've ever met.
Whether it be watching NBA games, the Bachelor watching parties, 
workouts at 24 Hour Fitness, BYU sporting events, eating out at great restaurants, 
Preston's guacamole, bowling league, Spades and Dr. Mario, talking about PLL and American Idol, commiserating about our long commutes to work each day, and simply having great conversation,
that is what true friendship is all about.

When I realized Lindsay's birthday was only days before we would be leaving Utah 
I had realized how perfect it would be to make her a quilt for their apartment 
to show them how much we have appreciated and truly cherish their friendship.

The night before Lindsay's birthday was another example
of how amazing the Johnson's are.
Lindsay was so appreciative when she opened the quilt,
and even Preston seemed excited too. 
I'm telling you, they are the two nicest people.
Then Preston made smoothies (as always) and we talked in their kitchen till 1:30am. 
Telling crazy stories and laughing — just like any true friends would.

This is the night I realized how much we were going to miss them when we left Provo,
and for the first time realized the importance of keeping in touch with true friends, 
no matter the miles that keep you apart.
Although they are going to end up in Southern California and us in DC, 
I know we will keep in touch over the years.

Steve has adopted a policy from a family friend and lives by it:
at the end of your life, you'll be able to count your true friends on one hand.
I think that night at the Johnsons I truly realized I've added two friends to my count.

Please excuse the quality of photos — they were taken at night, in our terribly lit apartment 
AND in a hurry because I was anxious to deliver the quilt :)


1 comment:

  1. Aw jessie you got me crying at work! You are so sweet, and you truly are probably the most quality friend I've ever had. I've never had a girlfriend that I felt I could truly talk to about anything that was on my mind, but I feel that way about you. Whether it's family, friends, tv, husbands, WHATEVER, I know that talking to you is a judge-free zone. We may never live close again, but I know we will stay in touch, and will find ways to see each other. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete