Thursday, June 23, 2011

our new apartment

Although we still have a few more things to do before our apartment is finished, 
(find a living room rug, more artwork for the bedroom, and buy a few new lamp shades) 
we are excited that we finally are feeling settled here in Washington, DC.

This area is starting to feel like home!
I never thought I'd make the adjustment but it is so beautiful here and
it's hard to not fall in love with a city with the history and action that is here.
I am starting even using GPS less and less each day.
And I took the Metro yesterday! (yes Mom, it is safe)

The only thing I can't get over is the parking,
we have to pay for it wherever we go, including work. 
I just cannot get over it. Ridiculous.
 
 
(below: yes, those are Steve's legs, he didn't want to move for the photos)
 
 
Even though our apartment is small, and a little farther away from a Metro stop than we would like, this will be a great place to live for the next year!

3 comments:

  1. A few things: your place looks great, you have the cutest style with your fedora and white pants, congrats on the jobs, and happy anniversary. Also, why did we not watch any of these shows together while we could have? What else have you been watching? I could use a recommendation. Miss your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pictures.... I've been waiting! Wish you guys were going to be in UT when we're up there in a couple of weeks. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie--I just stumbled onto your blog and love it. You have me all inspired to re-decorate my apartment. Or, I guess I should say START decorating my apartment. Good luck back east!

    ReplyDelete