Sunday, May 15, 2011

Goodbye Utah

It has been a month like no other.
I will spare you the details because I'm still in the
tear-up-every-time-I-think-about-Utah-or-my-friends-or-family phase.
But since we finally got wireless internet
(Dad, THANK YOU for your help!)
I can now update the blog with what the Pierce Family
has been up to over the last month.

I'm slowly adjusting to our new place.
It's slowly starting feeling like home.
Steve had the area figured out the first day we were here
but it's taken me a little longer.
I did successfully drive to and from Capitol Hill alone
not just twice but three times this weekend
to pick up Steve from events going on up there.
Granted it's only 4.8 miles from our house
(that's pretty cool if you ask me)
but I did successfully take the freeway
which goes through underground tunnels to get there.
And I didn't even get lost!

The district in and of its self is a little confusing.
I haven't branched out that far yet,
but I can get in and out if necessary,
which I consider a success.

I will post updates about our new area,
but I have so many photos to post of our last few weeks in Utah first!

My birthday was two weeks before we moved!
Of course Steve out did himself again this year!
We had a wonderful morning,
went to the driving range in the afternoon
and made the perfect dinner at home.
My favorite kind of day :)

Steve surprised me with an "S" charm for my necklace,
new spring clothes and shoes and
TAYLOR SWIFT TICKETS for her show in D.C. later this summer.
I was in shock....
#1 because those tickets are impossible to get and
#2 he bought them in February and kept it a secret the whole time!
That night we went to "Keys on Main" a piano dueling bar in Salt Lake!

GRADUATION WEEKEND at BYU!
Our parents and Brookie & Mckay
came and supported us at graduation.
Such a great feeling to be done with school at BYU,
but we are certainly going to miss that place!

We sold both of our cars and bought a new car
with the help of Steve's parents while they were in town.
I haven't taken a photo of the new car yet,
but we had to get a photo with our car salesman.

Next up -
the Second Annual Egg Roll Tournament.
1st place: Steve
Winner of the losers bracket: Jessie
Rumors of shady actions to gain a home court advantage circulated, none of which are true.
First you decorate your egg and give it a name or theme
Steve's egg was #ThunderUp (OKC Thunder anyone?)
My egg was Kung-Fu Panda

Danny's egg was pretty violent.
Nearly killed Jake's egg here,
but really did kill Ben's egg next
(below)
Lindsay & Steve competing in the finals....
Everyone post tournament.
Danny was so proud of his egg.

MOVING DAY!
So many friends were so helpful as they came
and helped us pack our (small) pod.
We had to ditch the couch,
but at least we got everything else to fit!
Sushi with our friends one last time before some move to other cities
and some stay in Provo for a little while longer.

One last picture at Timpanogos Apartments -
this complex will always hold a special place in our heart,
it's where we spent the first 2 years of our marriage,
we are certainly missing it already!
Farewell Provo, you were good to us.
We will miss you but will be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. You're posts are great! It's fun to look over and see all the fun friends and things you guys gathered and did the last few weeks in Utah. I miss you guys terribly but I know you'l have a great time in D.C. Good luck with the job hunt and be safe, we all love you! Thank you for calling me, mom, each day, it's great to hear your comings and goings and what's up. I love you!
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie! It looks like you guys are doing so great! How fun to be living in DC! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete