Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm gonna miss this place...

I'm getting a little nostalgic
as I'm closing out my time working at Lugano Restaurant.
I've worked here full/part-time since April 2006.
That's a long time if you ask me.
As excited as I am to be moving on to (hopefully) bigger and better things,
this quaint Italian restaurant will always hold a special place in my heart.
I don't think I'll ever work in another restaurant,
and although I say my excuse is because working nights
and every weekend isn't much fun,
but it is really because no other restaurant could compare to this one.
I'm beginning to realize what I'm going to miss about this place.
The service staff, who have become some of my best friends.
The kitchen staff and all the amazing food they always make me.
My beyond-crazy boss and his hilarious antics.
The regular customers that tip me every time they come in.
(I'm not just going to miss the tips, but the generous people they are.)
The wine dinners and special events hosted at the restaurant.
The spaghetti with Napa cabbage and pancetta.
Over the past five years I've learned more about
food (that I love) and wine (that I don't drink)
then I ever thought possible.
The one thing Steve is going to miss
is me coming home from work every night
smelling like Italian food!

1 comment:

  1. That is a really long time to work at one place! I'm lucky if I last a year anywhere. Good luck with the move and packing! I'm sure it will be a great adventure for you two.

    ReplyDelete