Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July & a visit from the Johnson's

The best part of the 4th of July was spending time with Preston & Lindsay (and Preston's family)
When we moved here and realized we knew nothing and no one I learned the value of a familiar face,
and to see two familiar faces this weekend was extremely exciting.
Now only if I could convince them to move to the east coast already my life would be complete.
When we weren't with the Johnson crew eating at We the Pizza and watching fireworks,
we had fun celebrating our first Independence Day in the nations capitol.
I was shocked by the amount of people in the district, more specifically at the National Mall on the 4th.
400,000 people in that 2.5 mile area is alot of people, no matter how you slice it.
Battling the crowds and the heat was worth it for the experience!

We also melted at a Nationals game this weekend.
Steve recently learned that I am a happy girl at a baseball game
when I have sunflower seeds (or peanuts) and a soda.
I thoroughly enjoy myself, and Steve just thinks this is hilarious.
There is just something about Major League Baseball that I love.
It's so relaxing, entertaining and always fun when you go with good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment