Wednesday, March 3, 2010

currently listening to: Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA"

Don't judge my song choice. There's a story.

I work with troubled youth in the Utah Juvenile Justice System every Monday and Tuesday. I normally call them "delinquents" whenever I'm talking to Steve. They are funny kids, but some days are definitely better than others. Yesterday was a good day. While driving in a 15-passenger van with my adviser and 13 teenage boys from bowling with a group of handicap adults in Provo to the substance abuse class at the county building, the boys wanted to listen to music (although this is against the rules, they always ask)... but one of the boys out of no where started singing "Party in the USA," AND he knew all the words. It was funny to see a 17-year-old boy who got in trouble for trafficking A LOT of drugs in the first place, singing Miley's song -- then when the other 12 joined in, my day was made:)

Needless to say, I've been listening to the song ever since.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't talked to you in a very long time...very long time indeed. I love your story about Miley Cyrus. It's always funny to hear songs like that coming from people like that. Hope all is well. Miss you. And now that I've found you two on the web, I'll be checking in.

    ReplyDelete