Monday, July 13, 2009

New shoes, per Steve's request.

I have a pair of shoes that Steve absolutely loathes. He hates everything about them, and isn't too thrilled when I come home at the end of the day wearing them. They are a little (correction: a lot) smelly, and subsequently make my feet smell. Whenever I walk in the house wearing them he makes me take them off outside the door, then go straight to the bathtub to wash my feet. I love these shoes. They are the kind of shoe that if I had known I would wear them everyday, with any outfit, then I would have bought another pair when I purchased them for $20 at the Banana Republic Outlet in Las Vegas last summer.
Steve put his foot down almost 2 weeks ago now and told me I couldn't wear them again. He told me I was going to have to throw them away, I told him that wasn't an option. He then gave me the option to buy a new pair of shoes to replace them to help ease the pain of throwing them away. I looked and looked to find a pair exactly like them but wasn't successful. As pathetic as I am, I would not let him throw them away until I found a new pair of shoes. After days and days of searching I didn't find anything similar, so I decided on a different pair of shoes.
I decided to OK my new purchase of shoes with Steve because they were pricey: $50. When I told Steve why I wanted a pair of Toms (for every pair you buy, they give a pair to someone in a Third World country), he agreed they were a good purchase, direct words were something about "you're pulling at my liberal heartstrings."
Needless to say, the red pair of Toms were a good purchase. I love them. Not quite as versatile as my Banana Republic favorites, but I figure good pairs of shoes will come and go (and I might get emotionally attached as I did this last time!) Hopefully next time I'm smart enough to buy two pairs!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes are too cute. I have a pair of those shoes....I wear them everyday, and yes they smell. Good thing Al hasn't given me the ultimatum yet :) Good find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. i love those shoes and have been trying to decide if i want to pay that much money for them all summer long. this post just might have pushed me over the edge, jessie PIERCE! so happy you are so happily married.

    ReplyDelete